Since we are Africa-focused and because we are licensed and headquartered in Mauritius, this is the jurisdiction in which we work the most.
We recommend Mauritius as the choice of jurisdiction because of the following reasons:
- Mauritius has signed DTAAs with 15 African countries, and more are in the process of being negotiated.
- Mauritius has also the most preferred nation status in terms of tax treaty with India
- Member of COMESA/SADC & AGOA.
- Strong banking environment with ability to open account in hard currency as well as African currencies (ZAR, NGN, ZMK).
- No exchange control, and free repatriation of profits and capital.
- Ability to structure debt and financial instruments.
Mauritius has been acclaimed for its continued commitment to implement the international standards of transparency and exchange of information for tax purposes. Mauritius appears amongst the only 3 jurisdictions (Ireland, Mauritius, Norway) which received an overall rating of “Compliant” as per the 2017 ranking of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Compliant jurisdiction on 21 August 2017 by the Global Forum on Transparency and Exchange of Information for Tax Purposes.
Mauritius appears amongst the only 3 jurisdictions (Ireland, Mauritius, Norway) which received an overall rating of “Compliant” as per the 2017 rankings of the Global Forum to launch a supplementary report on follow-up measures to ensure a higher level of compliance.
TYPES OF COMPANIES IN MAURITIUS