Once all the documents required are submitted and the office space is available with the Free Zone, it takes around one week to ten days to setup business in Free Zone.
One cannot start business unless one has office space. Onshore Free Trade Zone Company is taxed at 0% tax rate and can be 100% owned by a foreign citizen. The onshore Free Trade Zone company is one of the most commonly used types of companies registered in UAE (apart of the offshore ones).
Dubai has a tax system that is among the most favourable in the world, especially that of its free trade zones: The Dubai International Financial Centre, the Jebel Alli Free Zone and the Dubai Media City. Dubai also has the notable advantage of carrying out its business in English. In Dubai, companies pay no tax (except oil and gas companies and subsidiaries of foreign banks), of any sort.
- There are three stages in applying for a license with DMCCA, i.e. Pre-approval, Registration and Licensing. Please find below, the list of the documents that we require from the client for the ‘pre approval’ stage of the licensing process:
- Business Experience Form [for all proposed shareholders
- Passport Copy + Visa Page for all proposed shareholders
- Proposed Company Name Form
- There is no corporate tax, no capital gains or income, no VAT, no social contributions on wages, etc.
- The Dubai Company is a totally tax exempt vehicle & no taxes will be payable on the structure. There is no taxation information exchange agreements with other countries as well.
- There is no filing of accounts, no public record of directors and shareholders as well as highlyflexible and confidential banking system geared to the requirements of high net worth international investors.
*Subject to CHL receiving all the relevant documents as per the requirements of The Financial Intelligence and Anti-Money Laundering Act 2002 and
the Code on the Prevention of Money Laundering & Terrorsist Financing 2017.
- Strategic location between Eastern & Western Countries.
- Faster Visa and other applications’ processing time.
- No Local-Citizen-Sponsor required. Government becomes the Sponsor.
- 100% ownership of the business.
- Easy accessibility to Arabian Sea Port and International Airport.
- 100% Tax-Freedom for owner, employees and Company.
- 100% repatriation of capital & profits allowed.
- 100% exemption from payment of custom duty for imports and exports. If you sell in U.A.E. main-city outside the Free Zone, 5% custom duty has to be paid.
- No currency and recruitment restriction.
- Licensing & most of administrative work under one roof.
- Freedom to operate your business round the clock.
- Freedom to stay in any EMIRATE outside Free Zone.
Types of Business Activities allowed
- GENERAL TRADING (Many Items can be traded)
- COMMERCIAL LICENCE (Limited Items Trading is Allowed)
- INDUSTRIAL LICENCE (Manufacturing Activity is Allowed)
- SERVICE LICENCE (These Services are Governed by Department of Economic Affairs
List of Options to set up Free Zone businesses in U.A.E
- Sharjah International Airport Free Zone (SIAFZ)
- Hamriyah Free Zone (Sharjah)
- Ajman Free Zone
- Ras Al Khema Free Zone
- Fujairah Free Zone
- Jabel Ali Free Zone (Dubai)
- Dubai International City (Under Jafza)
- Dubai Airport Free Zone
- Dubai Knowledge Village (Under TECOM, Dubai)
- Dubai Internet City (Under TECOM, Dubai)
- Dubai Media City (Under TECOM, Dubai)
- Dubai Health Care City
- Dubai Multi Commodity Center
- Dubai Gold & Diamond Park
- Dubai Silicon Oasis